PRE-ORDER the U100 BLDC Motion Module!
The U100 BLDC Motion Module is an open-source, advanced, single axis motion controller to run a brushless DC servo motor in velocity, torque, or position control mode for robotics, automation, advanced equipment, and more.
BLDC servo motors offer smoother motion than stepper motors and better reliability and efficiency than brushed DC motors, making them the best choice for a wide range of applications. The U100 BLDC Motion Module makes using these electronically commutated motors, which are typically only found in high-end and expensive applications, accessible.
It is capable of driving a broad range of three phase brushless DC motors in a closed-loop position, velocity, or torque control mode using an ABN encoder or Hall sensor feedback and field oriented control (FOC). With its programmable run-time and trigger features, users can create custom motion profiles that are easily imported from a .CSV file.
Driving a BLDC motor sets a machine builder ahead of their competition. However, it comes with its fair share of challenges. The U100 BLDC Motion Module goes easy on the user, and simplifies the complexity of motion.
You’ll be able to drive your motor with straightforward digital and analog inputs, or with serial commands. Or you can easily create a run-time motion profile that’s triggered via serial or digital input. Either way, you can configure and load your settings simply by using our free uMotion software.
What you see is what you get, which means you’ll get up and running quickly and you’ll know exactly how to interface, command, and control your axis and capture the advantages that BLDC motors offer.
Machine builders create devices that go anywhere, and they need electronics that can go with them. We will offer an aluminum enclosed module destined for on-machine mounting in harsh environments or a high-density PCBA module for protected environments. Both will use common connectors so cables won’t require expensive tooling making interfacing easy.
Can be used in a wide range of applications
Whatever the application, the U100 BLDC Motion Module offers a performance driven controller with advanced motion control that is easy to use.
- Pick and place equipment
- Industrial/commercial equipment
- 3D printers
- Feeding/Pulling/Winding tasks
- XYZ tables like laser cutting, water-jetting, glass scoring
Features & Specifications
- Run a single three phase brushless DC motor
- Single supply 10..60 V input voltage
- Drive motors rated to peak power: 1kW
- Continuous current: 10 A
- Peak current: 16 A
- Torque, velocity, or position control
- Closed-loop hall sensors and/or encoder feedback: digital ABN incremental encoder, digital halls
- 12 V auxiliary output power
- Programmable runtimes with trigger select
- Field Oriented Control (FOC)
- Control via DI and Analog speed reference or RS232 commands
- Ruggedized or PCB versions available
- Standard connectors
- Easily configured with Motor Control Technology’s uMotion Software
- Tune controller to motor with Trinamic’s easy to use TMCL-IDE
- Module: 3.6 x 5 x 1.35 (in.)
- PCBA: 3 x 4 (in.)