We’re fired up to show you some of our work
Motor Control Technology is an engineering and manufacturing company based out of Hood River, OR focused on motion related solutions.
Plasma CNC Controls Package
Unfair Advantage Delivered
INDUSTRY – automated fabrication
Plasma CNC is the metal fabricator’s secret weapon giving the unsteady hand perfectly cut parts. In order to get great parts, however, great motion controls are necessary – that’s where we came in..
Partnering with a major OEM in this industrial application, we were able to deliver an exciting product with advanced features that were truly a game changer.
- Multi-axis CNC
- Permanent Magnet Synchronous Motors (PMSM)
- Position mode control
- Closed-loop integrated encoder feedback
Plasma Cutting | Engraver | Router | Pipe & Tube
ACCURATE, FAST, AND RELIABLE. HARDWARE THAT WAS BUILT TO TAKE A BEATING – CONTROL MODULE, PC, MOTORS, AND CABLING.
- Powerful servo motors with rapids of 1000+ inches/min
- 75V motor bus that delivered a punch and responsiveness
- Digital torch height control (THC)
- Ohmic touch-off with float or proximity switch backup
- Plasma source serial (RS485) communication
- Smart fault recovery: run-from-line & fwd/rev
- 95-125VAC or 190-250VAC input voltage
- Flex rated cables
- Small footprint and on-machine mounting options
INDUSTRY – aerospace/UAV
Tight space, stand-alone controller, autonomous operation.. no problem. With small, power dense brushless DC motors making an appearance in nearly every harsh environment, the design and control surrounding them needs to be creative, out-of-the box, and effective.
Working for a major UAV manufacturer, we were able to develop a solution that really lightened the load.
- Single axis
- Brushless DC motor
- Velocity mode control loop
- ADC feedback
SENSORLESS COMMUTATION, CUSTOM GEAR PUMP, INTEGRATED ELECTRONICS.
- High mix PCBA
- Low SWaP
- Analog feedback with firmware filter
- Electronically fused
Custom Power Electronics
INDUSTRY – automotive EV
It all started with a large motor. The kind that are becoming more and more common on the road – the High Voltage Hairpin motor. Running this size motor is no easy feat. You need high power supplies, heavy fixtures, and robust power electronics – we love going big..
Working with a niche OEM in the EV market, we were able to deliver an exciting proof of concept that pushed them forward.
- Single axis
- High Voltage Hairpin (HVH) motor
- Torque mode control
- Closed-loop resolver feedback
INTERIOR PERMANENT MAGNET MOTOR, BATTERY POWERED, HIGH POWER
- 600VDC motor bus
- Sin/Cos Resolver to Digital conversion w/ excitation
- Incremental encoder emulation
- Integrated motion IC
- DC/DC regulation
Slotless Inrunner BLDC
INDUSTRY – medical imaging
High performance motors demand high performance controllers. Paired with a high resolution optical encoder, hall sensors, and slotless windings, this inrunner needed to run smooth at slow speeds.
We were stoked when this medical R&D project came our way. We’re always excited to make helpful products.
- Single axis
- Slotless brushless DC motor
- Field Oriented Control – Position mode control
- Closed-loop 1024ppr optical encoder feedback with hall sensors
FAST DIRECTION REVERSAL, MEDICAL GRADE, PRECISION MOTION
- 40,000 RPM
- Fast accel/decel
- Optical incremental encoder, 1024ppr